Thursday, October 15, 2009

Inspiration?


As many of you know I started "couponing" last winter and haven't looked back since. It has saved my family soooo much money. With very little effort I have cut our monthly grocery bill by 2/3's. No kidding...




I've also tried to get many of you to join me. I can talk until I'm blue in the face, but a picture is worth a thousand words. So, I'm posting pictures of my shopping trips today along with my savings to try to inspire some of you to get on the couponing bandwagon.




I'm am MORE than happy to help anybody get started. If you are interested, send me an e-mail. I don't like to see my friends and family waste money by paying full price.




This weekend I plan to post an article regarding the "basics" of couponing. I'll also include links to some of my favorite sites.




Today I shopped at Wal-mart, Target, and Albertsons. Here is my loot:





Wal-mart:





My items were worth $80.49, but I paid $9.99 after coupons. That's 88% savings.







I bought: 3 Airwick I Motion Sensors, 2 Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereals, 3 Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, 4 Suave Shampoo/Conditioner, 2 Suave body wash, 3 Glade candles, 1 Glade reed diffuser, 4 Pull Ups baby wipes, 4 Reach Floss, 3 packages Schick disposable razors, 2 Hormel Completes meals, 1 Zantac, and 1 hand sanitizer.





Target:



My items were worth $20.25, but I only paid $2.27. That's 89% savings.



I bought: Palmolive dish soap, 4 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pastas, 1 Skippy Peanut Butter, 1 bag Chex Mix, 2 Neosporin lip balms.



Albertsons:


My items were worth $62.52, but I paid $15.56. That's 75% savings.



I got 2 Prego pasta sauces, 4 Marie Calendar frozen dinners, 1 box Kix cereal, 5 boxes fruit snacks, 1 Fiber One toaster pastry, 2 Betty Crocker Au Gratin potatoes, 1 Chex Mix, and 2 Yo Plus yogurt 4 packs.
You can do it too. It just takes a small amount of effort and some know how. Are you inspired?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment; I'd love to hear what you have to say.