Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats

I am a HUGE (big big big) fan of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I could seriously eat them until I make myself sick. While I don't have a recipe to duplicate that heaven on earth, I have a recipe that has similar tastes and is really easy.

This recipe is from my mom. Thanks, mom. I made these little babies for Christmas and they received rave reviews. You would never guess that they are so simple that my three year old has mastered this recipe.

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Treats

Ingredients:
Sleeve of Ritz Crackers
Peanut Butter
Milk Chocolate Chunks for melting (I generally use chocolate specifically made for melting. It can be found in the baking isle of your grocery store. Chocolate chips should work fine too.

Instructions:
1. Spread peanut butter on one Ritz cracker and top with another to make a sandwich. Use as much or as little peanut butter as you would like. I slather it on pretty thick since I personally believe that one can never have too much peanut butter. Prepare all of your sandwiches before going on to the next step.
2. Melt the chocolate by microwaving for a minute and then stirring. Repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.
3. Dip the cracker/peanut butter sandwiches in the chocolate. Shake off the excess chocolate and place on wax paper until chocolate is set.

I was planning a different post for tonight, but there is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup sitting on my counter top and I've been fighting the urge to devour it for hours now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment; I'd love to hear what you have to say.